I love wine, not just for drinking but for cooking too! Finally, I have my own recipe to share after years of skimming through renowned chef’s recipes.. I recommend this recipe for date nights or whenever you just want to impress. I used an Australian Cabernet Sauvingon here, feel free to use your favorite red wine!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 5 strips bacon, ground
- 3/4 cup carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 a small can tomato paste
- 1.5 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt, pepper, brown sugar to taste
- dried oregano, thyme, rosemary according to preference.
- fresh parsley
- Parmegiano Reggiano cheese (parmesan will do too)
- Saute onion, garlic and carrots for about 5 minutes. Add bacon and beef until browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the last two and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Top on preferred pasta. Linguine or Spaghetti are highly recommended.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and Parmegiano Reggiano cheese.