Sure to satiate the sweet tooth in you, these cookies are made even more special with the added depth of malt in the actual dough! Enjoy with a warm glass of milk or a scoop of vanilla ice cream whenever you need a picker-upper!
- 2 1/4 cups white flour
- 3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder (I use Carnation)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon rock salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup malted milk balls
- 1 cup Hershey’s milk chocolate bars (you can use any plain chocolate you want)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, malted milk, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter, brown and white sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture gradually until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the candy and form into balls with a cookie scoop. I save a few pieces of candy to top the cookies too, it looks more appetizing that way!
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are a little burnt. Cool before serving!